Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some Grunge Textures

It's been over a week since I posted because things have been kind of hectic around here lately. I've been having problems with Photoshop giving me error messages and unexpectedly crashing on me. I may be doing an uninstall reinstall. Or maybe I've just got too many actions/patterns/brushes etc. Either way, it's given me a difficult time when I really have some fun stuff planned to do!

With parent teacher conferences and lots of running the kiddos have kept me pretty exhausted as well. Felix is feeling better but now we all have sinus infections. If it isn't one thing it's another.

So this week I decided blow the dust off my tablet that's been sitting there for about a year and go ahead and install it on this old computer. When I did it wouldn't work. After inspecting it, I discovered that our bunny Sundae had chewed the cord right by the usb plug. Before I started crying I remembered my Dad teaching me how to splice wires together. So to the dismay of some friends that were hanging out at my house that day I grabbed my old ipod cord (I killed my ipod a couple weeks ago) cut the plug off of it and spliced it to my tablet. It works! It doesn't look pretty, but the upside is the cord is actually longer.

And now I've got textures for you. It's so much easier to create them with my tablet and more fun too! I've been having a blast playing around with these and I'm pretty happy with the results. I've used two of them on this photo of Isabelle we shot at the park a couple weeks ago while the trees still had leaves on them.









There are six textures in this pack. To make things more simple for use the top two have twins (one cool toned and one warmer toned version). Here's a preview.





You can download them here or here.






And in other news, I ordered my Canon XS Digital SLR this Wednesday. I'm so excited and I must point out that B & H Photo is awesome because the price went up while I was gathering the funds to buy it but after notifying them of it (and sending them my sob story) they lowered the price once again. I've heard good things about them and it turns out they were right. So I should have my starter camera this Monday. Of course, I'm so excited I can hardly sit down. I must have checked the tracking number at least a dozen times since I ordered it. I'll be busy learning it and I'll start booking photo sessions as soon as it arrives.

Also, I'm planning on working on some holiday card templates and hopefully within the next few weeks I should have at least a couple up to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment