Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello!

Hello and welcome to my blog!

My name is Mel and I'm a 30 something momma of 5 squirts who keep me on my toes. I love photography and graphic arts and I'm in the process of "getting good" at it all so that maybe someday I can earn some money using my developing skills as a photographer.

I also love photoshop! Right now I'm using cs2, but I have cs3 on my other laptop but it's kinda dead. It's been sitting there on my desk for about 9 months now waiting for me to get it fixed.

Back in the day (haha) I used to enjoy making an animated gif. I love a photoshop challenge though I don't enter many that I do find all over the interwebs because I like them on my own terms.

Most of what I learned in photoshop I learned from online tutorials. I have gone to college for several years and honestly, I learned more by seeing something I liked and trying to emulate it or by doing a tutorial for it.

I do like to share what I know and what I've learned. So stick around and maybe you'll learn a few things too!

You can also find me on flickr.


When I do post I'll try to include what I've been working on. Sooooo.... here is a photo that I finished last night of my daughter Isa. We were trying to perfect our "sun-over-the-shoulder-shining-in-the-hair" shot.



I didn't do much to this one, really. I adjusted my levels and ran the "perfect portrait" action I got from CoffeeShop. I absolutely LOVE these actions! There are also some great tutorials over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment